Ch. 3.1-3.3 Test Outline
From Huben's Wiki
2.6 Special Functions
- Piecewise Functions
- Domain and Range.
3.1 Solving Systems Of Equations By Graphing
- Spot the intersections.
- Three types of solutions (know the vocabulary):
- Inconsistent: parallel lines, no solution
- Consistent and dependent: same line, infinite solutions
- Consistent and independent: single solution at intersection
- Identify the type of solution algebraically by putting equations into the same form.
3.2 Solving Systems Of Equations Algebraically
- Solve with substitution.
- Solve with multiplication then elimination.
- Recognize the three types of solutions when solving by elimination.
3.3 Solving Systems Of Inequalities By Graphing
- Graph inequalities to find intersecting regions.
- Recognize when there are no intersecting regions.
- Write simple systems of inequalities.
- Graph then find vertices algebraically using substitution or elimination.