Chapter 11.1-11.4 Test Outline
From Huben's Wiki
- Know the differences and similarities in form, domain, notation, type of math, and graphs between:
- linear functions and arithmetic sequences
- exponential functions and geometric sequences
- Understand the relationship between a series and its sequence.
- Memorize the formulas for arithmetic and geometric sequences and series.
- How to find the next term.
- How to find term n.
- Write formulas for an or Sn when given values of a sequence or series.
- Solving problems:
- Understand what kind of sequence or series you are working with.
- Identify any of the following data from the problem: n, an, Sn, a1, S1, d, r.
- Find the appropriate formula that uses the data you are given to find needed data.
- Solve for the needed data.
- Sigma notation
- Be able to translate into English
- Write the sequence and series specified by sigma notation.
- Given a formula for a sequence, write a sigma notation expression for a term of its series.
- Use series formulas to evaluate sigma notation.