Ecuador Botanical and Gardening Resources
From Huben's Wiki
- A Field Guide to the Families and Genera of Woody Plants of North west South America (Colombia, Ecuador, Peru)
- Field Museum Tropical Plant Guides: see the Neotropical Live Plant Photos
- Tatiana's Tomatobase
- The Private Life of Plants: the Attenborough videos.
- Bat-Pollinated Mucuna Flowers: The Source Of Tropical Sea Beans
- Field Museum Tropical Plant Guide: Gesneriaceae
- Google search Ecuador Gesneriaceae
- The Gesneriad Reference Web
- Gesneriaceae Image Library: John Clark's site
- Produplantas el Picaflor: a large nursery with a huge diversity of plants, including their own grafted fruit trees, Hibiscus and more.
- Reserva Rio Guaycuyacu: 500+ species of fruit trees from around the world.
- Jardin Suizo Hosteria: large garden and sells many plants. In Puerto Cayo, on the coast, near Manta.
- Displast: a plastics distributor, with the growing bags widely used instead of pots in the Ecuador nursery business.
- Horticoop Andina S.A.: importer of horticultural supplies, fishing, and aquarium equipment. I buy coir for growing medium and fertilizer there.