Lentil and Mushroom Soup
Modified from Mushroom And Lentil Soup I've simplified the recipe a little and doubled the mushrooms and vegetables.
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 large carrots, diced small
- 2 medium red onions, diced small
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
Saute in a large pot about 6 minutes until vegetables soften.
- 1.5 lbs mushrooms (I use locally available oyster mushrooms)
- salt and pepper
Saute about 8 minutes.
- 2 cups dried lentils (around 3/4 lb)
- 1 tbs dried thyme or 9 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 7 cups of water
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes until the lentils are tender but still hold their shape.
Additional seasonings to add zest!
- soy sauce
- curry powder
- sri racha
- balsamic vinegar