Noodles And Broccoli
This is a quick, simple recipe that a former housemate, Laura Bagnall, used to make. This was the way she persuaded her son to eat "trees" (broccoli.)
- olive oil (quantity variable: I use up to a quarter cup)
- 1 lb noodles (I like various rotini-types)
- a large head of broccoli, or 2 small heads
- chopped garlic (optional, to taste, I like a lot!)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional, to taste, I like a lot!)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, more or less
Chop the broccoli into pieces (I like 1 inch pieces), and chop the garlic.
Boil the noodles while frying the broccoli, garlic and pepper together in olive oil until it reaches your favored state of tenderness/crunchyness.
Combine cooked broccoli, noodles and cheese, then serve.