Precalculus 1.1-1.3 Test Outline
From Huben's Wiki
- Slope formula.
- Represent lines with: Point-Slope form, Slope-Intercept form, General form, vertical line, horizontal line.
- Parallel and perpendicular lines
- write them
- test for them
- input, output, independent variable, dependent variable,
- 3 ways of representing functions graphically.
- Algebraic representation of a function.
- Names of parts of a function written in function notation.
- Relationship between f(x), output, and Y.
- Evaluating a function (substitution).
- The careful way: replace the x's with expressions in ().
- Piecewise functions
- Evaluate them by finding which domain matches the input, then use that rule.
- implicit and explicit domains
- polynomial functions
- rational functions (where undefined)
- piecewise functions
- domain and range
- graphing to view the domain and range
- shadow technique
- writing as inequalities
- calculating a difference quotient
- graphs of ordered pairs (x, f(x))
- vertical line test
- interval notation versus number lines versus inequalities
- increasing and decreasing intervals
- relative maxima and minima
- even and odd functions
- identifying them by symmetry
- identifying them by algebraic substitution