Precalculus 1.4-1.7 Test Outline
From Huben's Wiki
1.4 Shifting, Reflecting, and Stretching Graphs
- Know and recognize the six commonest parent functions.
- Know how to modify a function by changing inputs and outputs to:
- shift it horizontally or vertically
- reflect it around the x-axis or y-axis
- stretch or shrink vertically or horizontally
- Recognize modifications to parent functions and write their equations.
1.5 Combinations of Functions
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, and compose functions.
- how to find the rules
- Is composition commutative? If it is, when?
1.6 Inverse functions
- Be able to explain what an inverse function does.
- Verifying inverses algebraically and graphically.
- Testing if an inverse function exisits.
- Find inverse functions algebraically.
1.7 Linear Models and Scatter Plots
- Identify correlations as positive, negative, or neither.
- Understand what "least squares regression" means.
- Fit lines to data with your calculator, finding the correlation coefficient.
- Make predictions from the fitted line.