I have a wide variety of talents and experience in Horticulture, Plant Breeding, Botany, Photography, Entomology, Acarology, Computer Science, Mathematics and education. I'm looking for some constructive ways to apply them in a new situation.
- MEdu, 2007, University of Massachussetts Boston.
- B.S. Biology, September, 2003, Cornell University. (The final 6 credits were completed at Harvard Extension after 25 years hiatus.)
- Huben, M. 1995. Chapter 8.4 Evaniidae. Pp. 195-199 in: The Hymenoptera of Costa Rica. P. E. Hanson and I. D. Gauld (eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K. 893 pp.
- Deans, A. R. and M. Huben. 2003. Annotated key to the ensign wasp (Hymenoptera: Evaniidae) genera of the world, with descriptions of three new genera. Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington 105: 859-875
- Huben, M. 2006. Chapter 8.4 Evaniidae. Pp. 223-227 in: Hymenoptera de la región neotropical. P. E. Hanson and I. D. Gauld (eds.) American Entomological Institute, 2006. 994 pp.
- Numerous popular articles in The Daylily Journal, publication of the American Hemerocallis Society.
- Horticultural experience in greenhouses and gardens with a wide diversity of plants.
- 20 years breeding Hemerocallis.
- Garden Judge Instructor for American Hemerocallis Society.
- Extensive experience photographing plants and animals in nature and in cultivation.
- Curatorial experience in insect and plant collections.
- Much experience collecting, rearing, mounting and identifying insects and mites.
- Experience with light and electron photo microscopy and preparation of specimens.
- 25 years experience teaching Aikido (a Japanese martial art similar to judo) to elementary school students. 4rth degree black belt.
- 15 years experience in Iaido (a Japanese sword art.) 3rd degree black belt.
- Large political wiki web site.
- Experience in corporate training for adults in complex software.
- Extensive background in computer assisted education.
- Long interest in recreational mathematics.
- 5 years experience Science Fair judging in Somerville.
- Boston Latin School: AP Computer Science, Algebra 2, Geometry, Precalculus. 2010-present.
- Boston Latin Academy: Honors Precalculus, Algebra 2 and Discrete Math. 2006-2010.
- Boston Latin School: Chemistry and Biology. 2005-2006.
- Arlington High School: honors physical science, chemistry, and design technology (using the Museum Of Science "Engineering The Future" curriculum) 2004-2005.
- Long term substitute for 8th grade math at East Somerville Community School, 5 Jan. 2004 to 9 Mar. 2004.
- Substituting at Arlington Middle and High Schools, 2003.
- Excellon Corporation (Object Design Division), Burlington, MA. November, 2000 to October, 2001. Technical Support Engineer for the ObjectStore object oriented database.
- OpenMarket, Burlington, MA. January, 1999 to October, 2000. Technical Support Engineer for an electronic commerce system.
- IDD Information Services, Waltham, MA. August, 1996 to November, 1998. Senior Software Engineer for real-time financial systems.
- FASTech Integration Inc., Lincoln, MA. 1995. Technical Support for factory automation and integration software.
- CenterLine Software Inc., Cambridge, MA. October, 1989 to June, 1995; January to July, 1996. Porting and Technical Support engineer for software testing tools and C/C++ UNIX programming environments.
- 1988: Entomological sabbatical year in Ecuador.
- Cybermation Inc., Cambridge, MA. 1984-1987. CAD/CAM System Development.
- Continuous Learning Corporation, Cambridge, MA. 1982-1983. Developer of Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) curricula on Control Data PLATO network.
- 1981: Entomological sabbatical year in USA.
- Control Data Corporation, New York, NY and Arden Hills, MN. 1978-1980. PLATO Systems Programming and Computer Assisted Instruction.
Father of a 24 year old and a 21 year old. Plant breeding, entomology, Aikido, Iaido, natural history, political philosophy, SF.