A fast sauce for fresh tomatoes.
- 1 lb ground pork
Fry the pork until it is browned. Drain any fat. Move out of the pan.
- 3 large yellow onions, a bit over a pound, chopped small
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbs olive oil
- a head of garlic, about 8 cloves, smashed and chopped
- around a lb of mushrooms, sliced
Combine the onions, salt, and oil and fry on high heat until nicely browned. Add the garlic, fry for a minute or two, then add the mushrooms and fry until they are done.
- 3 lbs. fresh tomatoes (about 12)
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
Add all of these together, bring to a boil, simmer 5 minutes (until tomatoes are broken down.)