Things I love and admire about Ecuador.
There are an awful lot of things to love about Ecuador. While all is not perfect and there are a few glaring faults here and there, it is a peaceful nation with:
- spectacular nature that is cherished
- a prosperous people who are enjoying excellent economic growth and high rates of education
- a generous social security system
- excellent infrastructure
- exemplary relations with the extremely diverse indigenous peoples
- people who are generally friendly and helpful, even to gringos
- and many other features that other Latin American nations could justly be jealous of.
The improvements since I first came here in 1987 have been spectacular. I'm very happy to be retired here.
Here are a few resources that detail some things I really like: