From Huben's Wiki
- 1/4 to 1/2 lb ground pork or beef (optional)
- 2 tb oil
- 3 tb (or cloves) garlic
- 3 tb garlic black bean sauce
- 10-16 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1 tb soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tb corn starch mixed in 2 tb cold water
- 1 tb sesame oil
- bunch of scallions
- white Szechuan pepper
- hot oil
- Fry the meat, drain and reserve.
- Fry the garlic in the oil until beginning to brown
- Add the black bean sauce and fry for a minute or so, mashing the beans.
- Return the meat and add the sauce mix.
- Add the tofu and bring to a boil.
- Add the corn starch, boil 3 minutes.
- Mix in the sesame oil and scallions.
- Season with white pepper and hot oil to taste.