Shrimp with Snow Peas
Living in Ecuador, shrimp (a major export product of the coastal region) is very affordable. About $5 to $7 a pound for large, frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp.
This is is stolen from Shrimp with Snow Peas Recipe.
Combine in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes or more:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or potato starch)
- 1 Tbsp shaoxing Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use 1/4)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Heat together for a minute or two:
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- 3 minced cloves of garlic (I use a heaping tsp of garlic paste)
Stir fry together 2 minutes (needs 5 with my stove and wok):
- 1/2 pound snow peas, strings removed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if cooking gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- the shrimp mix earlier prepared
Stir fry one minute more with:
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts, sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (dark roasted might be better.)
Fast, simple, yummy and serves 4.